French Manufacturing Competitiveness Radar 2015/2016
In 2015, 82% of respondents consider themselves as competitive, but only 46% of respondents expect their competitiveness to improve in 2016.
We are proud to present you the fourth edition of our survey on French plant competitiveness . The role of manufacturing in advanced economies is changing.
- Margin levels were stable in 2015 and outlooks for 2016 are positive.
- Labor costs still pose the highest challenge to improve competitiveness.
- Supply chain is another hot issue on which plant managers now see a critical element for their competitiveness.
- Competitive plants innovate more and appear also more active on their product portfolio.
- Plant awareness of digital industry concepts has increased in 2015. Strongest impact is expected to come from cybersecurity, radio frequency identification, and robotics.
The current survey was conducted between September and November 2015, involving more than 45 plant managers and representing a broad range of French industries.